Monday 21 January 2008

Calum Davenport

What a sickener.

It transpires that he has fractured  a bone in his neck, and as such his loan has been terminated and he's back at West Ham. A terrific shame as not only had he just recovred from a serious injury, but he looked like a very welcome addition to our squad...

I wish him well and a speedy recovery.

The question now of course is how do we replace him? I assume that AB figured he had that particular hole plugged and has no other centre back shaped irons in the fire - so I'm guessing we will make do with what we've got.

Centre backs of Mariappa and DeMerit, with Stewart on the left and Doyley on the right - works in theory for me, although of course Mariapa went off injured too. I have no idea if his injury is serious or will keep him out of action...

If the worst comes to the worst - Williamson seemed to do OK as a makeshift right back on Saturday, perhaps he could fill that role again maing way for a certain Alhassan Bangura in the centre of the park. I don't know about you, but I've missed him...

No comments:

Post a Comment